Henry said his first word today... Mama. I was litterally moved to tears. It was an extra early morning (5:00 for me, and 5:45 for the kids) because it's our school's big week of accreditation, so I was kind of a basket case. Pat was getting Henry dressed in his room, and me brushing my teeth, I went in the room to say good morning to my little guy. I got down on the floor by him and he looked at me and said "Ma (slight pause) ma".
I got big eyes, as did Pat, as we looked at each other. I think my reaction was something like, "Are you kidding me right now?!" Pat said, "I heard it!" It's a good thing he was there to affirm it.
No repeats have happened yet. It could totally be a fluke thing. So far his sounds haven't branched out much from the B sound. Still, fluke or not, I'm counting it! And you can be darn sure that kid is going to hear "Mama!" a million times till he does it again!
Today was going to be one of the most crazy and stressful days of the school year. Henry's little gift couldn't have come at better timing. It lifted my soul, warmed my heart, and left a smile on my face for the rest of the day.
2 comments:
I loved this post Tiff! How special that moment must have been and what great timing during your busy week at work. Hope the accreditation process is going ok.
I love it! How sweet!
Post a Comment